by Chuck Ross
Democrats on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence say they want to interview more than 30 witnesses and issue 15 subpoenas before shutting down the panel’s Russia investigation.
The wish list was issued Tuesday in a 21-page status report in response to committee Republicans’ announcement on Monday that they are shutting down the investigation.
Republicans announced that they have completed a 150-page report which will assert that there is no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian government.
Republicans said that after 426 days of investigation, 73 witness interviews and a review of more than 300,000 documents, the investigation had run its course.
Democrats, led by California Rep. Adam Schiff, cried foul, accusing Republicans of shutting down the investigation prematurely.
“The decision to shut down the investigation before key witnesses could be interviewed and vital documentary evidence obtained will prevent us from fully discharging our duty to the House and to the American people,” reads the Democratic status report.
Adam Schiff says House committee should interview Christopher Steele
The list of witnesses include some high-profile names and others that are more obscure.
White House or Trump campaign advisers
- Reince Priebus — former White House chief of staff
- Stephen Miller — White House adviser
- K.T. McFarland — former deputy national security advisor
- Sean Spicer — former White House press secretary
- Kellyanne Conway — White House adviser
- Tera Dahl — former campaign adviser
- Dan Scavino Jr. — social media adviser
- Keith Kellogg — campaign adviser
- Joseph Schmitz — campaign adviser
- Sam Nunberg — campaign adviser
- James Comey — former FBI director
- James Baker — former FBI general counsel
- Peter Strzok — former FBI deputy counterintelligence chief
- George Nader — consultant
- Marshall Billingslea — transition official
- Dmitri Simes — think tank executive
- Cleta Mitchell — NRA attorney
- Paul Erickson — Republican consultant
- Maria Butina — Russian gun rights activist
- Johnny Yenason — Christian rights activist
- Sergei Millian — source for Steele dossier
- Natalia Veselnitskaya — Russian attorney
- Roman Beniaminov — has knowledge of Trump Tower meeting
- Bijan Kian — former Michael Flynn business partner
- Simona Mangiante — George Papadopoulos’ wife
- John Szobocsan — associate of Peter Smith
- Allen Garten — longtime Trump Organization lawyer
- Alan Weisselberg — Trump Organization executive
- Mark Corallo — former spokesman for Trump legal team
- Deutsch Bank
- Trump Organization Digital Operations
- Cambridge Analytica — Trump campaign’s data analytics firm
- Darren Blanton — transition team adviser
- Jon Iadonisi — contractor for Michael Flynn
- Aaron Nevins — Florida political operative
- Donald Trump Jr. — President Trump’s son
- Michael Cohen — Trump’s personal lawyer
- Jared Kushner — Trump son-in-law and White House adviser
- Corey Lewandowski — former Trump campaign manager
- Stephen Bannon — former White House chief strategist
- Hope Hicks — former White House communications director
- Jeff Sessions — Attorney General
- Erik Prince — informal Trump transition adviser
- Randy Credico — New York radio host with links to Julian Assange
- Lee Stranahan — journalist
- White House
Democrats announced that they plan to issue an interim report of their own which will lay out findings in the investigation and what steps they believe need to be taken.
The status report also provides a preview of what Republicans can expect should Democrats take over the House in November.
“In this document, we will set out the investigative threads that we have been pursuing — and in some cases, been prevented from pursuing — and will need to be completed at a later date to ensure not only that the public is fully informed, but also to determine whether the Russians have leverage over the President of the United States,” the report reads. (emphasis added)
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]
Wake up Right! Subscribe to our Morning Briefing and get the news delivered to your inbox before breakfast!